Forest Acres, City of:
7:30 am - 4pm Tues-Sat
3004 Robert Springs Road, off Covenant Road (near Piggly Wiggly). Covenant Road is off Beltline Boulevard between Forest Drive and Two Notch Road.
Accepts: Aerosol cans, Aluminum and Steel food cans, Corrugated cardboard, Glass bottles and jars, Magazines, Newspapers, Plastic bottles and jugs (#1 PETE through #7 Other). Also accepts Car batteries.
7:30 am - 4 pm Mon-Fri
9am -3 pm Saturday
Telephone: (803) 751-4208
(Enter the fort through Gate 2 on Forest Drive. On the fort, Forest Drive becomes Imboden Road. After Burger King, turn left at the stoplight onto Lee Road. A "Shopette" will be immediately on your left. Driveway of the recycling center will be on your left, just past the Shopette.
Accepts: Aluminum and Steel food cans, Computer and office paper, Corrugated cardboard, Glass bottles and jars, Newspapers, Magazines, Plastic bottles and jugs (#1 PETE through #7 Other), and Polystyrene (#6 PS) packaging used to protect appliances when shipping.
Lexington County Convenience Stations
7 am -7 pm Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat
3 pm - 7 pm, Sun
Closed Tues and Thurs
Telephone: (803) 755-3325
- Chapin - Distant Lane, off Westwood Drive
- Edmund - Landfill Lane, off SC 302
- Gaston - Hwy 321 and Theo Jumper Road, 3 miles south of Gaston
- Hollow Creek - Beulah Church Road, off US 378 next to the fire station
- Irmo/St. Andrews - Old Bush River Road, off Hwy 1, west of Lexington
- Leesville - South Lee Street, 2 miles south of of US 1
- Lexington - Ball Park Road, off Hwy 1, west of Lexington
- Pelion - SC 302, approx. 1 mile south of Red Bank
- Red Bank - SC 60, 1 mile south of Red Bank
- Riverchase - Adjacent to Park-and-Ride near I-20 and US 378
- Sand Hills/Cayce - Pine Ridge Drive off SC 321, 1.5 miles south of Cayce
- Summit/Gilbert - 419 Sandpit Road, southwest of Summit town limits
Accepts: Aerosol cans, Aluminum and Steel food cans, Corrugated cardboard and paperboard (cereal) boxes, Newspapers, Metals (grills, stoves, water heaters, aluminum siding, etc.), Plastic bottles and jugs (#1 PETE through #7 Other). Plus, Vehicle and small engine batteries, Used motor oil (5 gallon limit. Do NOT mix with other substances), Used Motor Oil Filters, Foam rubber, Blac nursery containers and bedding trays.
Red Bank and Lexington sites also accept Glass bottles and jars. Landfill accepts old Tires ($1.50 per tire charge), White goods (refrigerated, stoves, etc.) and Air conditioners.
- Farrow Road, between Midlands Center and Crafts Farrow State Hospital. Hours: 1-6 pm Wed / 9 am -5 pm Sat/ 2 - 6 pm Sun
- Lower Richland - 10531 Garners Ferry Road, near Mr. Bunky's Store. Hours: 8 am - 7 pm Mon to Sat/ 12:30 - 6 pm Sat
Accepts: Aerosol Cans, Aluminum and Steel food cans, Corrugated cardboard, Glass bottles and jars, Magazines, Newspapers, Used motor oil and oil filters. #1 PETE and #2 HDPE Plastic bottles and jugs. The LR site also accepts old Tires and White goods (refrigerators, stoves, etc.)
SC Dept. of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC)
All day, every day
2600 Bull Street, behind the building in the back of the parking lot
Accepts: Aerosol cans, Aluminum and Steel food cans, Corrugated cardboard, Glass food and drink containers, Newspapers, #1 PETE and #2 HDPE Plastic bottles and jugs, Used motor oil.
West Columbia, City of
Telephone: (803) 791-1890
1100 block of B Avenue, behind the National Guard Armory
Accepts: Aluminum cans, Glass bottles and jars, Newspapers, Plastic soft drink containers, Plastic milk jugs
OTHER RECYCLING SITES
All area stores of Advanced Auto Parts, Grease Monkey and Jiffy Lube, Santee Cooper GOFER sites*
Accepts: Used motor oil only. Transport in capped milk jugs. Label contents. *For additional used motor oil collection sites call DHEC call DHEC Office of Recycling at 1-800-768-7348.
Telephone: (803) 779-0500
1132 Idlewilde Boulevard, off Bluff Road
Accepts: Corrugated boxes, Computer paper, Colored and white office paper, Magazines, Mixed Grade Paper, Newspapers. (Note: Paper Stock Dealers is a large volume processing center).
Get information from: Keep America Beautiful of the Midlands, Inc.